What you'll do
- As a member of our R&D-team, you will be working on the next generation solid-state, laser-based sensors for autonomous driving. The outcome of your work will be presented to car manufacturers and their supply chain worldwide.
- Based on your understanding of the physics of (laser)light you will evaluate and further improve the performance of optical components of our automotive surround sensing systems. You will work on various aspects on the integration of lidar sensors in cars, taking into account challenging automotive requirements. For this, you will be inventing system improvements on optical and opto-mechanical components for the design of next generation products.
- You will define and source these components, work out test setups for sample evaluation and scrutinize the performance for further improvement.
- You will work together with the hardware team and the software team on further strengthening XenomatiX’ world-class technology. You will also interact with leading automotive companies on solutions for automated driving.
What you'll need
- You have a technical university degree, preferably in physics or applied sciences.
- You have an excellent understanding and insight in imaging optics and laser optics.
- You have experience with optical design tools, preferably Zemax.
- You have an analytical mindset and experimental skills.
- Experience as a member of a product development team, preferably related to optical systems, is a plus.
- You live at reasonable distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way, while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
What we offer
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role to the company development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skillset and experience
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com, referring to the position XV1907.